Seeking rack delay w/ tap tempo for GCX

Chat about Equipment Info

Seeking rack delay w/ tap tempo for GCX

Postby playingdead » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:04 pm

In my never-ending equipment adjustments, I'm moving to a Ground Control Pro system. That means my pedals are going in a rack.

The only sticking point for me is I am currently using a Boss DD-6 digital delay pedal. I always use the tap-tempo feature with it, and there's no way to rack mount that pedal and retain any control over the tap-tempo as it's not assignable to an outboard pedal nor MIDI controllable.

Is anyone aware of a good, reasonably priced delay that I can control the tempo of via the Ground Control Pro floorboard? I am not opposed to a multi-effects unit that might be useful for other stuff, as long as I can get the delay speed I need out of it on the fly. Maybe $300 or so, new or used?

TIA
playingdead

Postby playingdead » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:57 am

Once in a while you get shown the light ...

I just realized my "vintage" Roland GP100 rack preamp has a tap tempo on its delay; the effects section can be decoupled from the preamp section, too.

It was the first of the COSM preamps and it's pretty prized, apparently; there's one on eBay now for like $1200, but I can't believe it's worth anywhere near that much.

And it was right in my closet gathering dust. I'm going to give it a try.
playingdead

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion