Greetings!! A little guitar Help Please….

Chat about Equipment Info

Greetings!! A little guitar Help Please….

Postby Capt Rosebuddy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:22 pm

Hi everyone it’s so great to have a place like this to talk about the best tones from the finest band in the land! So I recently had the great luck of buying a used fantastic sounding Garcia rig (from one of our members of all people…thanks again man!) Anyhow that purchase has been the catalyst for me to build my own “Tiger” guitar. I bought a cheap PRS SE EG on craigslist and stripped the metallic blue finish off and the body is in the process of cueing after a few cotes of stain. I have ordered some parts that are on the way via UPS right now (2 dimarzio super II’s and the CAE Sound CB1). I’m having a little trouble tracking down a Dimarzio SDS-1 though any suggestions? I’m looking for it in either cream or black.

So that’s the big “name brand” stuff what about everything else..Jacks, volume/ tone pots, switches ect... can somebody point me to some quality stuff? Also I’m finishing the body in a nice rosewood ish tone and would like to keep all the hardware a brass or brass finish which is creating kind of a problem for the bridge. The PRS had a tremolo bridge which I saved, it's a silver/chrome color; I’d love to put a brass hard tail on it but that could wind up costing more than the guitar did. I have no qualms with using the original PRS bridge, blocking it and eventually getting something different down the line I guess I’m just wondering what some of you folks have favored on your own guitars.
Some photos to follow...
Thanks Again
Capt Rosebuddy
Phil
Phil

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:33 am

http://community.rukind.org/viewtopic.p ... atoblaster
Check out some recent talk on the subject here ...
:smile:
Tennessee Jedi

Postby waldo041 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:45 am

or join dozin's gearhead group and scroll thru the archives. a TON of info over there.

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/GearHeads/

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby Capt Rosebuddy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:18 am

yea I have been a member over there since '03. thanks,
Capt Rosebuddy
Phil
Phil

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion