Alligator

Chat about Equipment Info

Alligator

Postby jonarobb » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:13 pm

jonarobb

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:33 am

I thought that would be cheesy but it's actually pretty cool!
Rusty the Scoob

Postby SpaceYrface43 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:40 am

Saw that a while back looks really cool it's worth a look.
SpaceYrface43
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby jonarobb » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:58 am

Rusty the Scoob wrote:I thought that would be cheesy but it's actually pretty cool!

I agree, but it actually came out really tasteful, right? Wonder if he put a Blaster in there.
jonarobb

Postby tigerstrat » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:49 am

A good take. A couple of very minor details are not spot-on, but I'd bid if I was in the market. It's even got the "Policeman Helper" sticker!
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby jonarobb » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:00 am

tigerstrat wrote:A good take. A couple of very minor details are not spot-on, but I'd bid if I was in the market. It's even got the "Policeman Helper" sticker!

Yeah, I noticed a few too. Not to pick it apart or anything because it is very sweet looking. What did you see? I immediately noticed that custom string tree isn't there. Garcia liked that steep angle on all 6 strings over the nut.
jonarobb

Postby Jon S. » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:00 am

The builder is Brian Nalls of Jack of Roses. I have bought personally bought items from him for my two Jerrycasters, including a beautiful ebony fretboard with actual Tiger repro inlay and a Tiger repro stoptail. Also Tiger and Wolf stickers for a pair of Reverend axes of mine.

Brian is a true Deadhead brother. He does what he does because he loves it. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again.

http://www.jackofroses.com/
Jon S.

Postby jonarobb » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:31 pm

Jon S. wrote:The builder is Brian Nalls of Jack of Roses. I have bought personally bought items from him for my two Jerrycasters, including a beautiful ebony fretboard with actual Tiger repro inlay and a Tiger repro stoptail. Also Tiger and Wolf stickers for a pair of Reverend axes of mine.

Brian is a true Deadhead brother. He does what he does because he loves it. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again.

http://www.jackofroses.com/

Absolutely! It takes a true brother to give this guitar the credit it deserves. My Strat is modeled after Alligator so I was pleasantly surprised to see this for sale. I hear lots of great things about Brian as well.
jonarobb

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:37 am

That looks like a great resource for the bass building project I'm planning... Thanks Jon S!
Rusty the Scoob

Postby Chuckles » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:40 pm

Guit looks nice...

but what about that early He's Gone on the site? Yikes!
Seems like I've been here before...

The Road's Facebook Page (including links to tunage) is here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Road/ ... 200?ref=nf
Chuckles

Postby tigerstrat » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:36 am

jonarobb wrote:
tigerstrat wrote:A good take. A couple of very minor details are not spot-on, but I'd bid if I was in the market. It's even got the "Policeman Helper" sticker!

Yeah, I noticed a few too. Not to pick it apart or anything because it is very sweet looking. What did you see? I immediately noticed that custom string tree isn't there. Garcia liked that steep angle on all 6 strings over the nut.

I believe it was just a mid-50's Fender string tree wasn't it? The round button-shaped one... anyway that was the main detail that stood out for me, only other thing would be very minute differences in the bridge and tailpiece. Great replica imho.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby jonarobb » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:22 am

tigerstrat wrote:
jonarobb wrote:

I believe it was just a mid-50's Fender string tree wasn't it? The round button-shaped one... anyway that was the main detail that stood out for me, only other thing would be very minute differences in the bridge and tailpiece. Great replica imho.

No, most folks miss it. It shows up best in the Beat Club video, One More Saturday Night and BIODTL. It's a solid piece of metal, either brass or steel, looks to be about a 1/8 of an inch in diameter. Goes across the low E, A, D and G strings. Sits just behind the nut. There is an additional 50's style string tree on the B and high E.
jonarobb

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion