Jerry's Guitars

Chat about Equipment Info

Postby astroman99 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:10 am

A drop or a puddle
astroman99

Postby CountryMile Cadillac » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:37 am

jeffm725 wrote:Is there any more information about Wolf Jr.?

Good question, I looked through a bunch of photos, seems like I have seen it in Jerry's hands, but could not find one. I know Ive seen Phil with a headless bass a number of times, so that may be what I am recalling. Does anybody have a year-time frame of when Wolf Jr. came to be?
"Think I'll come back here again,
Every now and then from time to time"

http://www.reverbnation.com/houndsandrabbits
CountryMile Cadillac
Jerry
Jerry

Postby tigerstrat » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:47 am

CountryMile Cadillac wrote:
jeffm725 wrote:Is there any more information about Wolf Jr.?

Good question, I looked through a bunch of photos, seems like I have seen it in Jerry's hands, but could not find one. I know Ive seen Phil with a headless bass a number of times, so that may be what I am recalling. Does anybody have a year-time frame of when Wolf Jr. came to be?

Jerry never used Wolf Jr. in performance, afaik. He is last known to have performed on Wolf "Sr." at the February 93 Oakland run, when one of his heroes Ornette Coleman sat in.

Phil played a headless Modulus bass with the GD circa 1987-88. It had a metallic grey checkerboard finish. He may have since used other headless basses in PLF, but I haven't paid attention since about 2003.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby jeffm725 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:56 am

I was kidding about the "is there more information about wolf jr". comment it was asked 3 times in the thread so I felt like making it 4 :o

sarcasm is lost on messageboards/email
.......................................................have you heard the one about the yellow dog?
jeffm725

Previous

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion