LET'S SEE SOME JERRY RIGS!

Chat about Equipment Info

LET'S SEE SOME JERRY RIGS!

Postby tigerstrat » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:41 pm

I know there was another rig pic thread somewhere (couldn't find it) but in the spirit of the "LET"S SEE SOME BOBBY RIGS" thread I'm starting a new one for Jerry rigs.

Here is my update to my pedalboard since last August with the acquisition of my Fox Rox Octron.

Guitar FX OUT> Boss Master Switch (which is just looping to the Arion Stage Tuner)> Fox Rox Octron> BBE Crusher distortion> Mutron III> Mutron Phasor II (rate controlled by Bespeco Vol pedal)> Ibanez AD-80 Analog Delay> Guitar FX IN... Image
...Guitar Vol> Guitar OUTPUT> 68 Dual Showman Reverb> preamp out> Yorkville Beta 800 power amp> 1x12" w/ JBL E-120
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby myoung6923 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:11 pm

Ok - here's my old rig:

Current rig:

Resurrection Bolt:

PRS custom 24 - modded with loop and EMG JG2 buffer:
myoung6923

Postby shakedown_04092 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:38 pm

Nice rigs guys!

Myoung - what's the grey pedal in the top right hand corner of the 3rd pic? Reason I ask is because it looks a lot like a custom brown overdrive pedal this guy down the street makes @ Buckdancers Choice music shop.

Well, I don't have a Jerry rig - it's more of a modified/inspired Trey rig, I guess, but here's an updated pedal board (not shown: my Whammy, which I do use but can't fit on the board) & the new axe:

Custom Resurrection Languedoc replica > Garmopat heavily modded Vox V847 > Emma DiscumBOBulator > Analogman silver modded TS808 > Analogman silver modded TS9 > Analogman Orange Squeeze Juicer > Keeley 4-knob Comp > Boss TU-2 digi tuner > Visual Sounds H20 Liquid Chorus/Echo > Boss DD-6 digi delay > Whammy IV > Fender HotRod Delux. The red box in the corner is a HardTruckers y-junction box but I am not using it right now because something's f'd up with the FX loop.

Last edited by shakedown_04092 on Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

shakedown_04092

Postby myoung6923 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:50 pm

That grey box is just a loop junction box that I made. Instead of using a stereo Y cable I can just use a regular stereo cable and a mono cable - both the same length and just plug directly into it. It's identical to the one that Hard Truckers sells for like $80 - except that on mine I put in a straight through so that I could plug my mono cable right into it - and THEN from there to the guitar. That way - I didn't have to run a cable from the guitar to the amp - it just keeps things neater and together.

Here's a schematic for the thing - it cost me maye $15 in parts.

The holy Grail reverb is only for a backup in case the one in the twin goes out. I usually don't use it.
myoung6923

Postby Chuckles » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:16 am

Not to get sidetracked from the Garcia rigs... but that Resurrection Languedoc came out sweeeeeet.
:shock:
Seems like I've been here before...

The Road's Facebook Page (including links to tunage) is here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Road/ ... 200?ref=nf
Chuckles

Postby BuddhaG » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:11 am

Chuckles, I feel your sentiments about the custom hollowbody and reply with renewed vigor. The world would be a better place if everyone who wanted to could have a custom-designed electric guitar and a hot amp.

I don't have a camera but I have a Epi LP and a Peavey Classic 50 2X12 it does the job, I can hear myself over a drum set.

bring on the Jerry rigs!
a whole new gameball
BuddhaG
Bear
Bear

Postby strumminsix » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:21 am

BuddhaG wrote:The world would be a better place if everyone who wanted to could have a custom-designed electric guitar and a hot amp.

You'd be surprised how expensive the wrong rigs are.

My wrong buys double or triple the $$ of my custom or boutique stuff.
strumminsix

Postby myoung6923 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:04 am

strumminsix wrote:
BuddhaG wrote:The world would be a better place if everyone who wanted to could have a custom-designed electric guitar and a hot amp.

Yes indeed! Same here...
myoung6923

Postby shakedown_04092 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:29 am

myoung6923 wrote:
strumminsix wrote:

Yes indeed! Same here...

Diddo.

But I chalk it up to "it's part of the process". I mean hey, I wasn't born with vast guitar/amp/FX knowledge - I had to go out and learn it myself, make mistakes/bad buys, and learn from them. Thanks to places like this, it's made it a whole lot easier.

Thanks for the compliments on the guitar.
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

shakedown_04092

Postby strumminsix » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:59 pm

Benny, you know I love your guitar!!!

Funny, how odd it is that some of us realize the importance of buying the wrong gear or going on in on a rig on the cheap and how expensive it is long term... My advice to the people building their rigs - don't buy cheap! Wait until you know what you want and save until you can afford it!

Mike Y - why go from GCX to pedalboard???
strumminsix

Postby myoung6923 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:29 pm

strumminsix wrote:Mike Y - why go from GCX to pedalboard???

Well, mostly it was due to catching constant hell from one member of my band that it was too big. After I actually went through figuring out the square footage of both rigs, he finally said that the rig was "intimidating"... I said - "to who"... weird - but he didn't let up. So, for the sake of peace I relented and bought a whole 2nd set of effects and put them on the pedalboard.
myoung6923

Postby strumminsix » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:56 pm

myoung6923 wrote:

Well, mostly it was due to catching constant hell from one member of my band that it was too big. After I actually went through figuring out the square footage of both rigs, he finally said that the rig was "intimidating"... I said - "to who"... weird - but he didn't let up. So, for the sake of peace I relented and bought a whole 2nd set of effects and put them on the pedalboard.

Weird and shallow.. Sorry to hear that is really awful for you! We've all gone thru nutty nuances from band members...
strumminsix

Postby hogan » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:02 pm

myoung6923 wrote:

That is some of the gayest shit i've ever heard. The fact that you relented is a little soft, too. No offense, but come on, were you going to get canned for having your shit the way you like it? I wouldn't have been able to tell the guy to eat a bag of dicks fast enough. Good Grief!
Honest to the point of recklessness.
PM me for a cab
http://www.facebook.com/workingmansdead
Happy customers (~);-} :
paulinnc, spaceyrface43, AKdead, chuckles, ebelgee, Quebee, Kennay, bomall01, NashvilleMike, Strumminsix,jx2638,Chutley, Adam Deckard, jkstraw, TennesseeJedi, deadhead1988, spacefunkologist, rmackenzie
hogan

Postby myoung6923 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:09 pm

well - yes, I probably would have been. And believe me - it didn't sit well with me. That wasn't the only issue either - it was a never ending amount of stuff. I just enjoy playing and so I did what I could to just keep it going. Last Oct I finally just couldn't take it anymore and left the band. Unfortunate - but, I just had enough.

I have just put together another band though - they can't keep a good man down! :cool:
myoung6923

Postby hogan » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:23 pm

Wow, talk about missing the point. Well, good for you on getting out and starting over.
Honest to the point of recklessness.
PM me for a cab
http://www.facebook.com/workingmansdead
Happy customers (~);-} :
paulinnc, spaceyrface43, AKdead, chuckles, ebelgee, Quebee, Kennay, bomall01, NashvilleMike, Strumminsix,jx2638,Chutley, Adam Deckard, jkstraw, TennesseeJedi, deadhead1988, spacefunkologist, rmackenzie
hogan

Next

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion