Epiphone Sheraton II

Chat about Equipment Info

Epiphone Sheraton II

Postby k.Long » Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:09 pm

What does everybody think of this guitar?... Is it a good guitar for it's price?
k.Long
welcome
welcome

Re: Epiphone Sheraton II

Postby jackaroe1276 » Thu May 03, 2007 5:48 pm

k.Long wrote:What does everybody think of this guitar?... Is it a good guitar for it's price?

I own one and it is pure butter. My one piece of advice, play it long and hard before you buy it, I have heard stories about some having horrible setups that can't be corrected. Mine was beautiful and sounds fantastic. Better than alot of Gibson 335's I've played. The pickup switch and volume/tone pots are on the cheap side so I would recommend changing them, but overall it's outstanding. I bought mine when I had every intention of getting a 335. The salesman made a costly mistake letting me play the Sheraton while he went to get the 335, the Sheraton sounded and played better. I find both Sheraton's and 335's to vary greatly from guitar to guitar. You can find real clunkers and you can find real gems in both lines.
jackaroe1276
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby IamDocWatson » Thu May 03, 2007 11:02 pm

i have one that i really like, its sweet, a little set up intonation adjustment (very easy work) and its right in the pocket, you really get what you pay for it has a laminated top but overall its well worth the price....defiantely look it over thoroughly there was 2 at the store i bought mine at the one i bought was fine and the other one had about 4 or 5 noticable problems, so i mean i guess u can find one thats not worth buying but in its best shape this is a great guitar
"Octaves full of voices, sweet voices belie"
IamDocWatson
Phil
Phil

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion