Just got mine:)

Chat about Equipment Info

Just got mine:)

Postby Tbrogit » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:45 pm

So i just won a MC50 on eBay. Very excited of course. I will try not to rehash but have some basic questions. Until I receive Im not sure what to expect but will at some point have it checked out of course. Anyone know of someone I can trust in the Virginia area. Would like not to ship if possible. Will Mcintosh service these? I will do some mods myself such as replacing the rca for 1/4 input but will avoid any risky maneuvers. I have a Blues Deluxe with a EV in it now that I was thinking of going out into the MC50 until I can get one of those sweet SMS's. Love the idea of a single unit rack. So stoked to start building my rig one piece at a time:) Been drying the maple and purple heart for some time now so thats coming next!

Trev
Tbrogit
Rosebud
Rosebud

Re: Just got mine:)

Postby Jon S. » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:16 pm

An MC50 is small and relatively lightweight. They're simple to ship. I live in VA, too. The best places to service yours aren't in VA. If & when you're ready to ship, try Pat Hickman at http://classictubeaudio.com/ . He did a fine job with mine.

"For me, I think the only danger is being too much in love with guitar playing. The music is the most important thing, and the guitar is only the instrument." Jerry Garcia
Jon S.

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion