The Little Bear

Chat about Equipment Info

The Little Bear

Postby jalevinemd » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:36 am

I posted pics of my Resurrection Bolt, the "Big Bear", a couple of weeks ago. Here is my first custom Alembic which goes by the name, "Little Bear." I took these photos directly from the Alembic site because they do a better photography job than I ever could hope to. As far as build quality, it's hard to beat the folks at Alembic. Pricey but, to me, worth every penny. I've had one made to celebrate the birth of each of my three children. I'll post my son's next. We're just in the design stage of the third.

This guitar has a coco bolo top and back with a sandwich of alternating layers of maple and purpleheart. The core is mahogany. It's very light, weighing in at around 7 pounds. Very comfortable to play and extremely resonant. With the Alembic electronics on board, there's really no sound I can't get out of this instrument. From an amplified acoustic to a overdriven rock monster.

Here it is...

jalevinemd
Pigpen
Pigpen

Re: The Little Bear

Postby tcsned » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:15 pm

That's a sweet guitar, I've always liked that body shape. I think I've seen that guitar in their custom archive. Very nice!
tcsned

Postby rugger » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:20 pm

Can I come play at your house?! :-)

Yummy.

john in san diego
rugger
Phil
Phil

Postby jalevinemd » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:13 pm

tcsned wrote:That's a sweet guitar, I've always liked that body shape. I think I've seen that guitar in their custom archive. Very nice!

Yeah...it was a Featured Custom in July 2005. I designed the body shape with Alembic. It's since become one of their standard production models - the Little Darling. :-)
jalevinemd
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby jalevinemd » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:16 pm

rugger wrote:Can I come play at your house?! :-)

Yummy.

john in san diego

If you ever find yourself in Chicago, just give me a holler. :cool: I've got a very understanding wife who doesn't mind my getting lots of nice musical toys. :-)
jalevinemd
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby cSuttle » Thu May 16, 2013 7:36 pm

That's cool. I love the color and the hook at the bottom.
cSuttle
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion