Trey talks about his rig

Chat about Equipment Info

Trey talks about his rig

Postby playingdead » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:16 pm

This was posted in response to the Mike Gordon rig video ... great stuff. Quality gets better after first minute or two.

playingdead

Re: Trey talks about his rig

Postby waldo041 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:08 pm

playingdead wrote:This was posted in response to the Mike Gordon rig video ... great stuff. Quality gets better after first minute or two.

i think it came out a few days before Mikes breakdown. it was posted on the dec 29th in this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=425&t=12470&start=15

~waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby cincinnatiohio » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:11 am

Either way, it's awesome and informative! Thanks for posting again... Or for the first time. Have a good day gents
cincinnatiohio
tiger
tiger

Postby Lephty » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:54 am

I've gotta say, I recently got a couple new distortion pedals (an Earth Drive and a TS9/808 mod from Analogman), and after watching Trey's video I re-arranged the order of my pedals, putting my compressor (an Analogman Bi-Comp) after the distortion, and HOLY SHIT...best tone I have ever had, hands down. Crank that TS up all the way, squash it down with some compression...that's the ticket right there. And I can't say enough about the Earth Drive, too. I can't friggin' wait until my next gig so that I can play this rig again.

I'm kind of a troglodyte when it comes to gear--I like to set it and forget it, so to speak, and I had been playing virtually the same rig for 10 years. Now I'm bummed to know what I've been missing.
New member's area open at http://www.highcountryguitar.com
Ideal practice tools for improvisation
Lephty
Aoxomoxoa
Aoxomoxoa

Postby TI4-1009 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:14 pm

i think it came out a few days before Mikes breakdown.~waldo

?? Did I miss something??
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Postby aiq » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:42 am

Nice vid. I'm trying to get my PB into a somewhat permanent array so when my [secret] gets to me it'll be set AND I'll be familar. I liked TA's comment about familiarity.
aiq
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby PaulJay » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:22 pm

Considering how many effects and cables Trey uses wouldn't he benefit by using a ugb in his guitar? ,Paul
PaulJay
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby cincinnatiohio » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:36 am

aiq wrote:Nice vid. I'm trying to get my PB into a somewhat permanent array so when my [secret] gets to me it'll be set AND I'll be familar. I liked TA's comment about familiarity.

Yeah definitely noticed the familiarity comment. He's probably not even thinking about because he is so used to it.
cincinnatiohio
tiger
tiger

Postby cincinnatiohio » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:38 am

PaulJay wrote:Considering how many effects and cables Trey uses wouldn't he benefit by using a ugb in his guitar? ,Paul

I wondered the same exact thing. Why wouldn't anyone use some sort of impedance buffer if they are using many pedals and have longer cord lengths...?
cincinnatiohio
tiger
tiger

Postby Gerry22 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:29 am

I definitely here a volume drop when I split the coil. Maybe AO changed his method after my guitar was built. And I don't really mind. I switch to single coil when using my wah for clarity. Or if I need to hide in the mix while someone is singing, I drop the volume with a flick as well.

I sent this info to AO in an email and asked him if he is doing this method mentioned above. We will see what he says.

And when I put my pickups in series (which can only be done when the pickup selector is in the neck position) the volume is even louder than when the humbuckers are in parallel. So I actually have 3 different volumes depending on the selection.

check paper plagiarism free | http://www.emiratesairlinesonlinebooking.org/
Gerry22
welcome
welcome

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion