Hammond Parts

Chat about Equipment Info

Hammond Parts

Postby mgbills » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:06 am

Good Morning All,
Yesterday a buddy sent me this CL add. I went & looked at the stuff & it's pretty incredible. This guy cleaned out Puget Sound Organ Repair in South Tacoma years ago.

There are many Hammond Parts, Leslie Parts, 200+ amp chassis (no guitar types that I saw). Tons of NOS capacitors & resistors. The pots I found were very high resistance, but NOS Allen Bradley J type nonetheless.

I'd be happy to broker a deal if anyone is interested. My take would be a reasonable split on some of the NOS electrical pats that would be guitar amp relevant. Not looking to add any cost to the deal. 2 floors of a big storage unit.

Tube amplifiers, hammond organ parts, Leslie organ parts
Date: 2012-11-26, 7:20PM
Tube amplifiers, hammond organ parts, Leslie organ parts. We have about 200 vintage tube amplifiers, and thousands of hammond organ parts and Leslie speaker cabinet parts as well as some complete cabs for sale. To much to picture or list. Call Steve 206-473-2608. Tube amps from $20 to $50 everything is negotiable. Easy terms. Call Steve 206-473-2608. Thanks.
• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Original URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/msd/3437161302.html

PM me if curious, and I'll give you more detail. Also, I could take better photos on Friday. Most of the NOS tubes are gone. The guy is long term guitar guy, and over the years he probably bought 2 houses on the NOS tubes. Crafty bugger for sure.

Peace
M
"Hi Ho...the Carrion Crow...FoldeRoldeRiddle"
mgbills

Re: Hammond Parts

Postby aiq » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:42 pm

reverb tank?
aiq
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby Smolder » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:46 pm

Very cool... wish I was closer.

The AO-35 reverb amps make great conversion platforms (think Carmen Ghia)

The A100 organ bodies had some really nice roll 12" speakers, the large alnico mag three bolt black frames... especially from '61-early 64.

They also used lots of mullard and buggleboy tubes in those.
Smolder

Postby tigerstrat » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:08 am

I figure a lot of Hammond owners would have a 2nd of the same model to part out... that's definitely the case with every Rhodes player I've ever known.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby mgbills » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:16 am

The stuff is pretty overwhelming.
I went to view it on the great NOS tube hunt. Nice stuff there for sure. It would be a total distraction for me to part out. I'm hoping to go back this week to try & find a couple of goodies. The state of the world on tone caps is attrocious. I tested about 20 caps last week from the regular sources, and almost all of them were 1/3 high. I'm hoping I can find some NOS caps in the lot that test well.
"Hi Ho...the Carrion Crow...FoldeRoldeRiddle"
mgbills

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion