Line 6 one button Jerry Tone

Chat about Equipment Info

Line 6 one button Jerry Tone

Postby Tone » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:41 am

My Spider IV l Line 6 amp has a User Bank B setting called Acid Wash that is a classic Jerry tone. Uses blues amp model with pumped bass and mid, lowered treble. Can send setting to you, email me. It probably uses specific drive and channel volume settings that I need to eyeball. I add reverb to it, and slight echo for Mystery Train ala JGB/Merle country jams. I think the name is not for a psychedelic sound, but an oblique reference to the tie-dye GD set.

Has good bass and middle, and the higher end flares out to a nice horn-like honk with sustain. Add some auto-wah and wow, Fire On The Mountain, too! Tone.
Tone
welcome
welcome

Re: Line 6 one button Jerry Tone

Postby JonnyBoy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:03 pm

The newer modeling amps are great for bedroom volume tone. I loved my gdec so much with all the different parameters you can control then adding in layers of effects from slight tweaks to all out effect without it changing the basic tone much at all. I finally tried it to gig and as a preamp of sorts. The 30 watt SS amp it comes with Was not enough to compete. Something was lost micing too, unless it's played lower, the mic tone was not what I thought it would be.

I still play with my GDec a lot. For anything loud with other players and stuff, the gdec began to loose it's tone. For me it sounded best at lower volumes. And at low volumes I thought it was awesome.
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion