The "Wall Of Sound" To Now-A PA Evolution Odyssey (Dave Rat)

Chat about Equipment Info

The "Wall Of Sound" To Now-A PA Evolution Odyssey (Dave Rat)

Postby tigerstrat » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:28 pm

http://www.prosoundweb.com/article/the_wall_of_sound_to_now_a_pa_evolution_odyssey/

I knew that Greg and Henry and co. were Dead fans, but was unaware of their own wall-like PA:

Black Flag was literally my 2nd rock concert, about 2 weeks after the Dead at Alpine '85 :cool:
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Re: The "Wall Of Sound" To Now-A PA Evolution Odyssey (Dave

Postby zambiland » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:54 pm

Interesting. I had a couple of conversations via email with Dave 5 years ago about the WOS concept and line arrays, especially for the bass, and he seemed a little dismissive of the WOS at the time. I had no idea that he had these thoughts lurking below the surface. Cool!

Henry also pops up in the oddest of places. It turns out that he's a huge go go fan and personally reissued a bunch of Trouble Funk!
zambiland

Re: The "Wall Of Sound" To Now-A PA Evolution Odyssey (Dave

Postby tcsned » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:15 am

zambiland wrote:Interesting. I had a couple of conversations via email with Dave 5 years ago about the WOS concept and line arrays, especially for the bass, and he seemed a little dismissive of the WOS at the time. I had no idea that he had these thoughts lurking below the surface. Cool!

Henry also pops up in the oddest of places. It turns out that he's a huge go go fan and personally reissued a bunch of Trouble Funk!

Very cool! I remember Trouble Funk from high school in northern VA.
tcsned

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion