do it yourself working the green board

Chat about Equipment Info

do it yourself working the green board

Postby strummingturtle » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:46 pm

Hey guys,
I want to be able to trouble shoot and fix my gear. Any good books on working the green board (capacitors, resistors, etc.). I am a hands on general contractor and know how build and wire a home but these little parts are a whole different ball game. And I have not really gotten my feet wet yet.I can solder and have changed out my volume pot on amp but that is about it.
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated
strummingturtle
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Re: do it yourself working the green board

Postby JonnyBoy » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:07 pm

It i a pretty broad quesiton in terms of the kinds of information one needs to know about part failure, part upgrading and part swapping. The procedures vary as do the instruments to work with. There are guys that are here that can do it all, and will help if you pose a specific question about your problem... I found one time by saying , My amp broke what happened landed me very little help :lol: .
My advice is search it out the best you can and usually by then you can figure it out on your own! Good Luck! JB
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby strummingturtle » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:20 pm

I have a few things to fix. for starters my phase 100 pedal powers up sound passes threw pedal but does not add any phase anymore. where to start?
strummingturtle
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby RiverRat » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:52 am

strummingturtle wrote:I have a few things to fix. for starters my phase 100 pedal powers up sound passes threw pedal but does not add any phase anymore. where to start?

start here!

2 obvious links jump out:

this one

and

this one
RiverRat

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion