Jerry Intro Chords?

Jerry Intro Chords?

Postby Emoto » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:14 pm

Ok, so the conventional wisdom seems to be that right at the very beginning of the song, Jerry plays an F chord and an Fmaj7 for the accent chord.

What form are you guys using for the accent chord?

For the F, I like the first position, like a slid up open E. But, for the accent chord, no form of Fmaj7 that I have found really sounds right. To my ear, it seems like if I simply lift off my index finger, which happens to be barring the high E and B strings so that the B and high E ring open, it works.

Thoughts?
Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there...
Emoto

Re: Jerry Intro Chords?

Postby waldo041 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:42 pm

Emoto wrote:What form are you guys using for the accent chord?

For the F, I like the first position, like a slid up open E. But, for the accent chord, no form of Fmaj7 that I have found really sounds right. To my ear, it seems like if I simply lift off my index finger, which happens to be barring the high E and B strings so that the B and high E ring open, it works.

Thoughts?

what your doing is exactly what jerry did.

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Re: Jerry Intro Chords?

Postby Emoto » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:47 pm

waldo041 wrote:
Emoto wrote:What form are you guys using for the accent chord?

Thoughts?

what your doing is exactly what jerry did.

peace,
waldo

GTFO!!! :lol:
Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there...
Emoto

Return to Terrapin Station